Tryouts......Paula in pink:
It was obvious that Paula wasn't going to make the Varsity and Junior Varsity team, but I wanted her to experience a tryout. It turned out that the school offered a beginner's team called the "Novice" team, which allowed the girls to learn the sport and still get to compete with other novice teams around the county.
GO TEAM STORM!!!!
So proud of Paula for going for a new sport and stepping out of her comfort zone.
Paula got accepted to a public charter high school though the lottery system. We've heard great things about this school so are very excited for her!
Some info on the school:
- it was started by the family that also started Qualcomm; has received grants from Oprah and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- it is a project-based learning school (am hoping this style of learning will click with Paula)
- the school is text-book free (am a bit nervous with this concept but having faith)
- focused on diversity and international awareness
- only 100 freshmen
- no more uniforms for Paula!
We lost Frankie....on our watch! I was in the backyard most of the afternoon and did not detect anything out of the ordinary.
But when it got dark....and Frankie was not in the coop.....I just knew she was gone.
Then we heard the crows cawing....it's like they knew there was fresh meat in the canyon. It was so eerie cause it's not everyday that a bunch of crows are flying around in the canyon.
I don't know what got her, but she's a goner.
Her feathers found in the canyon
MOTHER'S DAY - SOLANA BEACH
PAULA'S COMMUNITY PROJECT PRESENTATION - ANTI-BULLYING BOOK
Frankie (bird heaven)