The chicken coop had to go down. We needed to clear the area for the future treehouse expansion project.
A family from South Africa (who lives in Carlsbad) took the coop. They have young children who will love the chickens.
I feel good about it. Luckily, I wasn't sad, just relieved that it was an easy process.
Tryouts......Paula in pink:
It was obvious that Paula wasn't going to make the Varsity and Junior Varsity team, but I wanted her to experience a tryout. It turned out that the school offered a beginner's team called the "Novice" team, which allowed the girls to learn the sport and still get to compete with other novice teams around the county.
GO TEAM STORM!!!!
So proud of Paula for going for a new sport and stepping out of her comfort zone.
Paula got accepted to a public charter high school though the lottery system. We've heard great things about this school so are very excited for her!
Some info on the school:
- it was started by the family that also started Qualcomm; has received grants from Oprah and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- it is a project-based learning school (am hoping this style of learning will click with Paula)
- the school is text-book free (am a bit nervous with this concept but having faith)
- focused on diversity and international awareness
- only 100 freshmen
- no more uniforms for Paula!
Frankie (bird heaven)